Here are 21 things NYC parents have no shame about – as per TimeOut.com. Should I be embarrassed or proud that a lot of this rings true? Would you local mammas agree (or older moms, is it just the same as it ever was?)
NYC is the best place to raise a family, and here, being a mom or dad is tougher than it looks (and comes with plenty of things you just don’t have time to feel shameful about)! Here are just a few of the funny things you brush off your shoulders while raising the little ones (including, but not limited to, being covered in boogers, planning mommy meetups at a cocktail bar and piling kids three-deep in a stroller).
1. Going (unshowered) to Sunday brunch with the kids in tow because really, mommy just needs a mimosa and a pile of syrup-drenched French toast.
2. Changing a diaper anywhere. ANYWHERE. Like a ninja!
3. Essentially being a bag lady/gent between the diapers, wipes, backpack of small toys and even your own stuff (if you remember to bring it).
4. Just giving up and ordering an Uber when you can’t freaking deal with the stroller for one more second.
5. Quickly brushing off a dirty pacifier on your sleeve before giving it back to your kid. It will only make their immune system stronger…right?
6. Letting your kids play catch in the middle of the street, because where else are they supposed to do it?
7. Suggesting the local bar as the site for the next Mommy/Daddy Group meetup just so you can have a beer.
8. Getting Shake Shack for dinner three nights in a row because the kids begged and you didn’t have the heart to say no.
9. Using your sleeve, dress, pants, etc as a rag on the reg and accepting the fact that you’ve become a human tissue.
10. Offering your kids an extra hour on Minecraft before bedtime so you can veg out and watch the Game of Thrones episode you missed on Sunday.
11. Borrowing your friend’s go-to babysitter in a moment of desperation (and secretly hoping she comes back/likes your kids better). Okay, a teeny tiny bit of shame…
(click the link to see more!)
Read Full Post »